Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!


Since last year I was not feeling Christmas spirit after my company's holiday party and we didn't decorate our silver little tree, this year we decided to go get a real one! I wasn't too keen on putting a living thing in my living room, but Rob convinced me and I do say, it does look quite nice! I hadn't had a real tree since I was probably about 8 years old. Of course there are some down sides of waiting a week before Christmas to decorate - the stores are all sold out of lights. Rob searched high and low looking for a couple of strands of white lights. He found a "double roll" of 400 lights total and thought it was way too much, but was tired of going from store to store. However, apparently he had never seen my mom decorate a Christmas Tree - you have to start at the bottom and put lights on each branch - in and out - and work your way to the top. 400 was no challenge for me! Rob thought I was crazy, but we were at my parent's house this weekend and Mom had 950 lights on her tree. I think I can beat that if we ever get a fake tree! Anyways, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the needles stay on the tree and off the floor.